Wednesday, January 18, 2012

21 Day Challenge!

I started the 21 Day-No Junk Food Challenge on the first day of January and It is now 18 days into it..
Not gonna lie.. Ive cheated, I have went to a fast food restaurant *cough* chickfala *cough* a couple of times.. But just got a grilled chicken breast and water! No harm in that, right?? I have tried eating "healthy" in the past, heck I tried last summer and it lasted about 2 weeks and I was quickly over it! But this time has been so different for me and I am completely ok with it! I have completely cut all beverages out of my daily routine except for water, now I have never been a huge coke fan or anything.. Until I started working at the office, thats where I met sweet cherry vanilla drpepper! HA! She quickly became my best friend and I was drinking one almost every single day along with a snickers almond bar too of course! It was my after noon "snack"... Ok.. lets just stop there, i knew that wasnt healthy and really didnt care most of the time.. Until my "fat jeans" were getting a little to snug and NOTHING I picked out to wear looked good because of the extra "love" all of that junk was giving me! I decided it was time for a change! No more complainingg about how much weight ive gained, or how much I need to lose, etc..etc.. I have went shopping for every healthy food on the shelf, Ive looked up recipes, read blog after blog. I am more determined NOW than I have ever been. I work out at the gym almost every night & if I cant get to the gym Im doing what I can from home.. Im eat healthy, I have turned down some of my most favorite foods and I can not believe that!

Now, 10lbs later.. I am feeling AMAZING! I have much more work to do and I pray everyday that God can give me the strength to continue to a healthier life style/happier me! I still plan to lose another 10lbs or so and hopefully I can reach my goal within the next couple of months!

So excited for the months to come!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. YAY for 10 lbs!!! So proud of you! I'm down 5 and want to get rid of at least another 5-8 lbs. I've stuck with it too and I'm going to try to continue. My goal is to have a day a week to "cheat" and the others to try and stick to eating healthy. Let's keep going - just gotta keep texting each other to make sure we're staying with it! Proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!! So proud of you that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete