I did it!! :)
I HAVE to blog about this, because this is something I want to remember when I look back & I'm about to run a marathon in a couple of years.. ha! just kidding!
I finally conquered my "fear"..I guess you could say! ha! No, but really I was positive I was going to pass out from running my first 5k, I have been training on and off for about 2 months.. But, I haven't even ran that much, since Ive started training! But, I actually finished the race & hardly walked at all.. I will say the hills are still killers.. ha! My time was right around 36 minutes, I am by no means a pro obviously.. But, I will say I surprised myself!! I LOVED it! I ran with an awesome group of girls- Michelle, Donnelle, Chrissy, Sarah & Mindy! That made it even better!
The next 5k is May 7th, and this time around.. I can't wait!! Hopefully, I can speed it up a little bit, and get a little bit better time.. We will see!!!
Here is all of us, ready to roll!
You should be proud! What a great accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteYou did so awesome! I'm looking forward to May 7th! We are going to do even better - I just know it! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment - especially when you are a mommy! We tend to take care of our kids and husbands and so often forget ourselves! So proud of all of us for making time to get in shape and doing this together. It makes it that much more fun and rewarding!
ReplyDelete