Braycen is a BIG mamas boy, he's a daddys boy too.. But, when it comes to most things he wants me by his side, in his sight at ALL times. For the longest, I just knew he would be like this until the day I dropped him off at Kindergarten & I would have him clinging to my leg & I couldn't scoup him up in my arms & tell him he didnt have to stay.. Taking him to Sunday School on Sunday mornings was a bit of a challenge. He would start Sunday night while I was getting our clothes laid out, and he would tell me how bad he didnt want me to leave him at Sunday School. The thing is, he thought when I dropped him off.. I wasnt coming back. The few Sundays he did end up staying the teachers told us, that he wanted to be held the hold time. The other Sunday's those big crocodile tears would come up in his eyes by the time we were getting out of the car.. Sooo... I just decided not to take him until he decided he was ready! NOW... Braycen loved the "Big" church praise & worship, but was a little live wire when the preacher started his sermon.. Branson and I were both in and out all through the service with him. NOT FUN!
BUT!! Last Sunday, Braycen was ready to go to his class. I wasnt holding my breath on this, but we tried it.. After he made us both promise we WERE coming back to get him.. He was all set! The teachers had the kids sitting in a circle reading them their lesson. They were so welcoming & he went right in and set down & didnt even say a word to us when we left!
WHAT!?! Yes!
He stayed all through Sunday School & Church! He was so excited when he saw us, and talked to us all day about what he had learned, who he played with & what he did! He acted like he had been going for years or something? ha! We were so proud of him, and he couldnt wait to go back Sunday night! YAY!!!!
Yesterday I even went & signed him up for a pre-school class thats every wednesday night called "Cubbies" & he is VERY excited about going! --mommy is excited for him!
Sunday, we get to start the new members class! FINALLY!
Awesome!!!
ReplyDelete