Okay, So I know when my hubby is at work tonight & checks out my blog he isnt going to be very happy with me for posting this! But this is FOR SURE one of those things I dont want to forget, even though I know I never will! ;) love you babe!
LONG STORY SHORT!
So, this past Monday my hubby decided he was going to go hunting for the afternoon. Nothing out of the ordinary, he loves to be outside hunting anything, fishing, working, etc.. He told me he would be back by dark, told me he was going to a place just down the road. Any chance he gets to be outside doing something of that nature he is there with bells on. So fast forward a couple of hours, I called him & asked him if he was about to head towards his truck & he says yes.. So.. 30 minutes later I start dinner (Spaghetti & meatballs) I realize once I had mixed up my meatballs & started my water for the noodles. I had bought some crazy oriental noodle, ugh.. I dont even know what or where? Anyway.. So I call him & tell him on his way home to run by CV's and grab some Spaghetti noodles. Again, I ask him if he is on his way home or whatever & he tells me yeah he thinks? Ummm, what do you mean you think? He tells me he isnt sure where he is, but he was fine & he would only be about 10-15 minutes because his truck should just be close by. I ask him if I needed to call my brother or anything & he insists the he is fine! With all that being said.. an hour passes by, the sun is setting & he calls me & says that he does not know where he is & he cannot find his truck.. Again he assures me that he is fine & not to call anyone. Ya right.. Im getting a little frantic by this point & I call my dad.. FAST FORWARD through several phone calls back & forth. The sun has set & he is still walking in the woods lost .. I call my brother, drop the boys off w/my sis n law & head out to where he is located! We drove around for a good 1-2 hours honking, yelling, etc.. Finally he can faintly hear our horn, we drive different ways trying to see which place he could hear us best & still nothing changed. He was totally backwards on where he thought he was & was giving us backwards directions. We were out there for probably 3 hours when my brother finally was like, we are calling the local police. After searching for about 30 minutes w/sirens & all that kind of stuff. He was spotted & picked up! I knew he would be found, It was just the thought of him being lost out there was just a little scary!
And as a typcial man he was NOT lost, he was just mixed up & if it would have stayed light just a few more minutes (darn sun!) he would have been fine..:)
And as a typcial man he was NOT lost, he was just mixed up & if it would have stayed light just a few more minutes (darn sun!) he would have been fine..:)
No comments:
Post a Comment