Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Money Saving Madness!

For the past Month our Sunday School class has been talking/learning all about getting out of debt & saving money! Branson and I have never took this so seriously.. We were up until mid-night last night, working on everything we plan on  we will get paid off! We don't have much at all, but I do have my share of credit cards & Bransons truck is ALMOST paid off.. We are starting the "snowball effect" this week, since we have written everything out & figured out a better budget for our family! Even if this means no more eating out, every time "I don't feel like cooking"..  We are soo excited about this step we are taking & I really wish we had been told this years ago.. Our Sunday School teachers, have hit the nail on the head with these lessons! They have given us some awesome tips, and some money saving websites.. OH! and I have gotten some new recipes from some of the girls at church that I cant wait to try!
Here is a list of a few tips, Ive picked up on! 
  • Make a 2 week meal plan(write down everything needed for each meal!)
  • Make a grocery list.. (AND DONT BUY ANYTHING BUT!)
  • COUPONS! papers or online
  • Shop at Aldi's! :)
  • Don't go to the store hungry!- HA!
  • Once one thing is paid off, snowball it so you get the things after it paid off faster!
  • Resist impulsive buying.. I'm really bad about this!! I see something I "have to have" and it will hang in my closet for months! On bigger items, wait it out for 30 days & think about it.
  • Don't be afraid to ask for discounts! :)
*Websites*

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love Dave Ramsey! The best thing Mike and I ever did was take the Financial Peace course the first year of our marriage. Great job on taking this seriously and working toward being debt free. We are still working on it ourselves, but knowing it will end and seeing the end in sight is so awesome! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I'm so proud of you guys! I wish we would have known about Dave early on in our marriage as well! But you know it's never too late to start and I am so thankful you guys learned and are taking the steps to financial freedom and living under God's standards!! Love your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete